Because who can afford books in this economy?

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Review: Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

Title: Fall for Anything
Author: Courtney Summers
Published: December 2010
Source: Bought
Synopsis from Goodreads:
When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?

To say I was eagerly anticipating this book would be an understatement. I was practically salivating for it. I adored both Cracked Up to Be and Some Girls Are and I was expecting to love this one just as much. I'm sad to say that it fell a bit short. I just couldn't connect with Eddie. I didn't understand her motivations. I also got bored during a couple parts. The book was still superb, and I really, really liked it, I just didn't like it as much as I wanted to.

Characters: 9/10
Writing: 10/10
Plot: 9/10
Originality: 10/10
Ending: 10/10
Overall: 48/50 A

2 comments:

  1. I won this book a couple of weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to reading it, though I haven't read anything else by Courtney Summers. Good review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading this one - I loved Courtney Summer's style of writing in Some Girls Are. I hope it'll still be good, even if it's not as great as her first books.

    Sorry for being off-topic, but I don't know where else to post this - I gave your blog a Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out here: http://paperbacktreasures.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails