Because who can afford books in this economy?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Summary from Barnesandnoble.com:
Rebecca Bloomwood just hit rock bottom. But she's never looked better....

Becky Bloomwood has a fabulous flat in London's trendiest neighborhood, a troupe of glamorous socialite friends, and a closet brimming with the season's must-haves. The only trouble is that she can't actually afford it -- not any of it.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. When I saw the movie I thought it was cute, but I was sure that the book would be much better. Not so. I think that it's because I got so annoyed with Rebecca. I can't understand how she just kept spending and spending and spending when she knew that she was in debt.

I also don't understand how she managed to get a guy as successful as Luke Brandon when she's so much of an airhead. And the way she handles things like her bank calling (telling them that she has some type of disease) or writing letters (throwing them away) drove me crazy. "Just deal with it already!" was what I wanted to scream everytime she did something like that.

There were some good things of course. Even if she was a bit misguided in some of her actions, Rebecca's heart was always in the right place. And some of the situations she gets into are hilarious. I enjoyed the end of the book the most, when she realizes that she can't keep living like she is and she has to do something about it.

It wasn't a bad book, it just wasn't for me. I'm sure that a lot of people would really like it, but I just couldn't get really into it.

Characters: 6/10
Plot: 8/10
Originality: 8/10
Writing: 7/10
Ending: 9/10
Overall: 38/50 C
Cover: 5/5 It's a cute cover, and it fits the story well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails