Because who can afford books in this economy?

Monday, March 7, 2011

Me, This Blog, and How Things Are Going to Change

So, as some of you may have noticed I basically dropped off the face of the Earth there for a while. I could go on and on about how BUSY I've been and blah blah blah, but truthfully? I didn't want to blog. I didn't want to read. I didn't even want to read other peoples' blogs. Yeah. And I've figured out the problem. I don't do well with doing something because someone tells me to do it. Which means that when I receive a book to review I don't want to read it. I don't care how much I wanted to when it was just a cover and a blurb on my computer screen. Now that the book is actually in my hands? It goes on my shelf and stays there. So here's what's going to happen.

  • I'm going to start reviewing books again, BUT
  • I'm going to STOP accepting books for review. ALL books. 
  • I might do a meme now and again, but only if I find it necessary.
  • There will be no schedule. I post when I post.
  • I'm going to read books because I actually want to read them, not because everyone else does.
So that's what my blog is going to be from now until further notice. Exactly what it was in the beginning; a place where I review the books that I read because I want to, not because I have to. I hope you enjoy it :)

7 comments:

  1. Reading and blogging should be fun! And when it's not fun anymore, it's okay to take a break or switch things up. You have to do what's best for you, and it sounds like you've got that all figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had reached a point where I felt like blogging was becoming a bit of a chore, so I completely understand where you're coming from. I wound up cutting out one of the memes I participate in, and that helped.

    Looking forward to what's next here on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand, I'm in a similar boat and have decided I will post when I post. No schedule, so if I only post a few things in a month oh well, I would much rather spend time with family then worry about books I have to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you! It is suppose to be fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what happened to you! =) Glad to hear that you did not, in fact, fall off the face of the earth. I think a lot of book bloggers are going through the same thing right now - I think you're making the right decision to do it for fun! Can't wait to read your reviews once you start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!

    I've felt the same way--reading books just because other people were reading them and not because they were novels I was truly interested in them. But after a while, that doesn't work.

    Looking forward to what's to come on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd rather read a review from a person who wanted to read the book, then someone who just did it because somebody pressured them to... things are always better when your heart is in it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails