Because who can afford books in this economy?

Monday, September 27, 2010

Reviews: Where's My Stuff? and The Dictionary of High School B.S.

Title: Where's My Stuff? The Ultimate Teen Organizing Guide
Author: Samantha Moss with Lesley Schwartz
Published: 2010
Source: Received for review from Zest Books

I like to think of myself as a pretty organized person. I can find most of my things without searching the house for them, I keep track of my homework pretty well, and my parents aren't constantly nagging me to clean my room. That doesn't mean that I didn't benefit from reading this book.

The book is divided into three sections: School Stuff, Time and Activities, and Your Room. In School Stuff I learned how to keep my binders more organized, in Time and Activities I learned how to conquer a big job (like cleaning your room when you've neglected it for a couple months) without freaking out, and in Your Room I learned how to make better use of my space.

Basically, even if you think you're organized, I bet you can find something in this book that will make you even more organized and your life easier.

Title: The Dictionary of High School B.S.
Author: Lois Beckwith
Published: 2008
Source: Received for review from Zest Books.

This book does a pretty good job of catering to two audiences. 1) Freshman. I would view this book as an almost invaluable resource if it's your first year of high school. 2) Those in, or who used to be in, high school (AKA everyone but the freshmen). As someone in high school, though I understood what most of the terms meant before I read the book, I really enjoyed reading the definitions. They are humorous but informative at the same time. I was chuckling about a lot of them because they are so, so true.They way they are delivered suggest that the author doesn't take any of the b.s. too seriously and neither should we.

So, if you're either entering high school, dragging yourself through it, or want to look back on it and laugh, then you should give this book a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails