Because who can afford books in this economy?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kiss It by Erin Downing

Title: Kiss It
Author: Erin Downing
Published: June 2010
Source: Received for review from author (Thanks Erin!)
Synopsis from Goodreads:
A girl's gotta do who a girl's gotta do.


Chastity Bryan has never been shy about going after what she wants. And when sexy, mysterious, so-not-from-this-town Sebastian walks into Chaz's life, she knows in an instant that what she wants next is him. Chaz has no intention of playing for keeps—but she most definitely has intentions. Who needs true love when you've got true lust?

Sebastian has no idea what he's in for—but maybe neither does Chaz


I loved this book! I know that some people don't like how much it mentions sex in it but it didn't bother me. It was a part of who Chaz was as a character, and as much a character trait as having blond hair. I didn't find it crude either, it was pretty realistic. Teenagers have sex and they don't always have it because they're in love, sometimes it's just to have sex. It kind of reminded me of Juno a little bit, actually.

Chaz and I are nothing alike, so I really enjoyed reading about her. She knows what she wants, and she's not afraid to go after it. The interactions between her and Sebastian were my favorite part, they were always so interesting. I liked the way that Chaz's family drama was a big part of this. It shook things up. There's one thing that I predicted straight off, but other than that this book kept me pretty much on my toes.

I thought that this book portrayed high school and teenagers and relationships in a very real and true way, which was refreshing. Not everything is perfect. Things don't always work out. I know that sounds bleak, but a lot of this book is really funny, especially Chaz's inner (and outer) snark. The ending of this book was perfect, but slightly unsatisfying to me. I like things to be wrapped up in a bow, but I guess that I can afford to use my imagination.

Basically I really liked this book and would recommend it if you're looking for a book that's original.

Characters: 9/10
Plot: 9/10
Originality: 10/10
Writing: 9/10
Ending: 9/10
Overall: 46/50 A-
Cover/Title: Perfect! I love the colors and the bunnies are cute. I love the title too.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Not my type of book, but it's been getting awesome reviews. I guess I'll have to check it out sometime - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it before, and all the reviews seem to say "Read it!"

    Nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and you're totally right! Even if you may not like what the character does, it makes them more realistic and if you can't relate to them then it kinda ruins the book for me. I can see where you're coming from! Nice blog by the way;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is adorable, and the description is enticing. Dare I add it to my ever-growing wish list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review- I'm glad you liked it. Chaz sounds like a really intersting character. I should be reading it soon!
    Kerleisha @ Collegiate Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails