Because who can afford books in this economy?

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mini Review: The Summer I Got a Life

Title: The Summer I Got a Live
Author: Mark Fink
Published: November 2009
Synopsis from goodreads:
Andy Crenshaw’s summer just went into the toilet. His father got a new job and cancelled their dream vacation to Hawaii. Andy and his older brother, Brad, are shipped off to a farm in Wisconsin to stay with an Aunt and Uncle they hardly know. Brad has little use for Andy, except to torment him.
 
What begins as a minor disaster turns into a life-changing experience. Andy discovers a whole new world and has his first blush with love in the person of Laura, a piano prodigy and town celebrity. Laura is a remarkable girl, who, despite having to deal with a major life trauma, is funny, resilient, full of life, and to Andy’s delight, just a little crazy.

Andy’s adventure includes chasing a pig through a mall, surviving a near-death driving lesson, and coming face to face with his first dead guy. He also has a side excursion with his brother that will redefine their relationship forever. 

Another mini-review because, well, how many of you have heard of this book before? Yeah, me either. You're not really missing much. I mean, it's a cute read, but not anything special. I liked how it was from an average guys pov, a nice change from my usual average girl pov.  Andy was a pretty cool guy. He was funny and didn't take himself too seriously. His relationship with his brother was nice to read about too. But a lot of the story was predictable and corny, which isn't always a bad thing, but for this book....The author has written for shows like Full House and Saved by the Bell, and I think that maybe he should stick with that. 3/5 stars.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of, but it looks kind of good. It's not often I read a book from a guy's pov, might be a nice change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I've never read it before...but I LOVE books! And I love the book shelf thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to read from a guy point of view, but I doubt I'd enjoy this one. Thanks for the review, though!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I want to congratulate you for this amazing blog!
    We Are Pleased To Announce The Launch Of Mobile Movies in 3gp format, About Dubai, Bollywood Actor news Update And Many More.

    To start just go to http://hollywoodmovielinkz.blogspot.com/
    We hope you like it. Please send us any feedback and help us improve the sites further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this before, but I'm interested in reading more books with a male pov.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails