Because who can afford books in this economy?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

My WoW this week is:

Summary from goodreads:
Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.
 
I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, so I hope that this one is just as good! It sounds interesting. I really don't know much about Egyptian mythology, so I'll probably learn a lot. Too bad it doesn't come out until May...

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this one too. I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series and I am sure this will be a great series also. I loved both Greek mythology and Egyptian mythology as a kid. Anubis, the Egyptian god of the underworld, scared the crap out of me after I read the House on Hackman Hill by Joan Lowery Nixon (I think that's the name of the book anyway). I had such a creative mind as a child and I remember having Anubis related nightmares. I hope Anubis makes an appearance in this series too. :)

    Here is my WoW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound pretty interesting so I'll be adding this to my wishlist. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. This was mine too. Definitely excited about another series by Riodan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sounds great! And very action-packed. I'm sure you'll like it.

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i just found your blog and it is nice..i like the series as much as you do too.

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like its going to be another great series! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails